December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas!

This year has been full of so many ups and downs and exciting twists and turns!

Christmas definitely was an up - I spent it with my in-laws! We went to Mass on Christmas Eve (Don's family is Catholic) and then enjoyed watching Christmas movies before going to bed. We woke up nice and early today - and there were so many presents to be had!

Our stockings were full of chocolate coins, and I had a cute keychain flash drive, an umbrella, gloves, and even a slinky in mine! I felt like a kid again looking through all of the goodies that waited for us. 

When my sister-in-law and her husband arrived with their kids, we went right into the present-opening. 

My husband got some work clothes, a few games, and Thor: The Dark World. I ended up getting a few books, a serger sewing machine, the Sims 4 and the best present of all - Corel Painter 2015!! 


Corel Painter is a program I needed for school, but after playing around with it, I see that it probably has MORE potential than Photoshop! It has so many brushes and paint options - it's going to be a joy to play with! I'm taking the Spring Semester off, so it will give me lots of time to practice. 


Here are a couple examples from today - doodling around!

I can't wait to use my new sewing machine for SCA garb, and the Sims 4 is going to be a blast! 

After presents, food was prepared and other family arrived for a late Christmas lunch. There was lots of laughter and fun, and plenty of quality time with my new extended family. 

I'm so blessed and lucky to have married into such a generous and caring family, they are always so much fun to be with! It has truly been a wonderful Christmas, and I look forward to the New Year in my new home with my husband. 

No comments :

Post a Comment