July 20, 2015

Monday Sketches - Plus Sized Fun


Once again, it's time for Monday Sketches! I've got some fun stuff to share with you this week, including plenty of plus-sized goodness and some progress on my latest projects for my Digital Painting graduate class!


I'm sure you recognize this image, as the in-progress painting was featured in last week's segment. Here you see it completed! All I needed to do was adjust the angle of the head, fix some of the edging and shadows on the figure and work some more on the drapes behind her. 

The final touch was giving it a title: Madame Grey. Corel Painter 2015 is a fun program - definitely will be using it for my final project in this class and in the future!


Here you see a set of thumbnails (quick sketches for a final image) for my third and final project in my Digital Painting class. I really focused in on the Plus Sized Fashion theme for this painting, and in the end I chose thumbnail 4 to work on for the final painting.


The next segment for the class was to work on color compositions, which basically means take the image you plan to paint and sketch it out in different color combinations. I varied it up between having a pink dress, a yellow dress, green and blue, with varying kinds of beach scenes. 

The final painting will be intended to be a Beach Advertisement, possibly for a particular resort or for a travelling company. Either way, the model for the image will be a plus sized woman (cuz that's what I like to draw best!)


Next up is a fun pencil sketch that I did earlier in the week - I love the whole tutu with a tied top look! Fashion bloggers have taken the tutu trend and really run with it, I adore it! I couldn't help but draw from the inspiration of other plus sized bloggers for this quirky sketch.


The next drawing is a look I grabbed from the Oscar de la Renta Resort 2016 Collection. I loved the lace and the flower trimmings so much, I had to draw it for myself! So I did, on a plus sized girl of course!

(Oscar de la Renta Photo from Style.com)

The final image for this week's segment is a look at a Plus Sized Couture outfit. It wasn't specifically from anything, I just wanted to have fun with something unique. A high necked caplet on a very ruffled dress... could be fun to make, right? Makes me almost wish I was a fashion designer rather than just an illustrator. 

That's all for this week! Tune in next week for more Monday Sketches!

No comments :

Post a Comment