August 19, 2014

Being a Fashion Illustrator

It's been forever since I've actually kept up with a blog. I mostly update on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and the like. But never a down-to-earth blog specifically for my own stuff. Anyways, here's take 2!

As you saw previously, and for those who have come from my other social sites know, I am a fashion illustrator. What does that mean? Well, to be very plain, I like drawing clothes. It's akin to a fashion designer, but without having to make the concepts. I make-up concepts, I draw already made fashions, I draw fashions that other ladies wear. Sometimes it's done on Photoshop, sometimes it's done with a pencil, some ink, and watercolors. The possibilities for the art really are endless!

I've been doing a lot of digital work lately, as seen here:





As you can see, my style greatly varies depending on the look I want to achieve. I can be simplistic, I can be detailed, cartoony, abstract... The term fashion illustration is, in a way, as limitless as any other art in my opinion! 

I think one thing that makes what I do a little more unique is that I have been trying to keep as much diversity as I can in my drawings. It's still in its baby stages, but I want to strive to do more. Be more inclusive. Bodies of all shapes and sizes should get represented, right? There has been an outcry for more representation in the media, and this artform is a form of media, right? 

I'm hoping as I get more comfortable with blogging, it'll be easier to expand my artform, to get it out there, and to really start gaining a following beyond just facebook or tumblr. And I have my new Dallas Blogger friends to thank for it!

If you want to see more of my work, check out my website at www.evaduplanart.com

No comments :

Post a Comment